Quickmail and Messages
Use the Message or Quickmail (if enabled on your course) to contact other people that have an account on this site.
This could include other students and instructors.
Use the Messages to contact other people that have an account on this site. This could include other students and instructors.
The Message icon is available from:
The white static navigation bar, to the left of your name. The following screen shot shows 2 messages waiting.
Setting up Contacts:
- Click on the 'Messages' icon
- Enter a name to search for
- click Search people and messages
From the generated list choose to:
- Add the person from the Non-contact listing to your contact list by clicking on their name
- Send the request for contact to Alice.
- Click on the Message icon
- Click on the chevron to the right of the Search field
- Categorized messages (Starred, Group, Private) and uncategorized messages are listed
Use the right arrow adjacent to the name to send a message.
The message field is at the bottom of the column.